How To Use Your OHP Stories
COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
Your Oral History Project stories give you a treasure trove of assets you can leverage to connect with both new students and alumni in meaningful, impactful ways you haven’t before. Below are examples of how you can use the assets from your Oral History Project to bolster your marketing, fundraising, and recruiting efforts to do just that.
ASSOCIATION AND MEMBER ORGANIZATIONS
In a world where time is the most precious asset, it’s imperative you make the most of the time you have with your members and those you are trying to recruit. Your Oral History Project stories provide a wide variety of assets that can help you leverage your connections every single time. Below are examples of how you can use the assets from your Oral History Project to effectively bolster your marketing, fundraising, and recruiting efforts.
ORAL HISTORY PROJECT CHECKLIST IDEAS
Following your OHP campaign, using your stories are a critical aspect to gain the complete value of the project. Below are some general ideas for you and your team to consider. If you have any questions about how to access the data mentioned in this list, please reach out to you Project Manager and they can assist you.
- Upload activity to constituent records in CRM
- Notify key stakeholders about the activity codes and available stories
- Research 5-star IDs for more engagement indicators, like the following:
- Truly Outstanding
- Member, donor, volunteer and/or mentor
- Prioritize the active and engaged to begin using those top 5-20 stories
- Begin sharing stories
- Website page
- Internal communications
- Email and social media marketing
- Utilize the activity data to customize communication and outreach
- Email donors about their impact while giving during this project by showcasing a scholarship recipient and thanking them for their gift
- Further develop some of the outstanding stories for alumni profiles in any publications
START YOUR ORAL HISTORY PROJECT TODAY!
Preserve your engaging stories now, while you can.